Sunday, March 29, 2009

Space Derby!

A few weeks ago we had Cub Scout Space Derby! It was a first for me. The space derbys are really light and fragile. I was very scared for our finished projects in our house but luckily they made it to the derby in one piece. I can't say the same for the ride home, though.

This is our little cub scout! Dallon wears this every Tuesday when we have scouts. He even has the cub scout promise memorized. (In a cute 3yr old kind of way) But better then some of the wolves I have!
Brayden and his space derby! This will probably be his last official cubscout race. How sad. He is getting old! It was a rough race. We were just feeling lucky we didn't break all of our rubberbands.


Jaren and his space derby! Jaren was able to carry the flag in the flag ceremony that night! He did such a good job! By the last race his poor derby was breaking down. He used mine though on his last race. (Yes, I made one too as a leader! Ok-Travis made it for me.)


3 comments:

  1. How awesome! I heard that some wards do different things each year and rotate around and don't just do pine wood derbys. That's fun! The boys look BIG! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I love that you guys have a computer and a blog?! It makes me happy. ;)

    We did a space derby a couple of weeks ago too. Mike said it was a lot of fun, although I didn't get to go. The boys' rockets look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun idea - I've never heard of a space derby. Your boys are so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete